Jordon has named them Coconut Rough Cakes, which is kind of true, so it stuck. The original recipe can be found over at SkinnyMS, below is my version, simplified a bit (not GF or vegan, but still yummy!)
Coconut Rough Cakes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 2 cups oats
- 60g brown sugar
- 140g applesauce
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup coconut (I used shredded but could use any)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and get muffin tray ready with cupcake lines.
- In a food processor, blender, bellini or thermomix (whichever machine you use), grind up oats similar to a flour consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and hot water.
- Gradually add the hot water in until you get a good cake consistency. (I say this because my first go at making them it was super runny so I had to add flour into it, second time around I gradually added the hot water so it didn't happen again, thus needed less than original recipe.)
- Stir in chocolate chips and pour into cupcake liners.
- Bake for approx 15-20mins.
I enjoyed mine warm with some natural yoghurt, Jordon eats them hot, cold, frozen - just about anyway he can! LOL