22 February 2014

Its a cupcake kind of day!

I love waking up on a saturday morning and doing a bit of baking... and my favourite go to baking recipe is my trusty cupcakes!  These are the easiest cupcakes to make and they always go over a treat. After a good week of Ella eating my popcorn chicken, I thought I'd try these, normally she just licks the icing, but today she ate most of the actual cake! Wahoo!!!  So happy!!!!

So I've frosted a couple for treats over the weekend and frozen the rest for her lunchbox treat. 
Cupcakes
Makes: 12 cupcakes (18 if they a bit smaller) or 24+ mini cupcakes

Ingredients:
  • 100g butter, soften or close to room temp
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups SR Flour
  • 3/4 cup milk
Frosting:
  • 250g cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4-1 cup of icing mixture (depending on taste)
  • splash of vanilla
  • Food colouring of choice

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a cupcake tray with cases.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar then beat in 1 egg at a time.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and beat on low until all combined.
  4. Just over half fill each case and bake for 15mins or until slightly brown on top.
  5. Allow to cool completely on wire rack before frosting.
For frosting, beat together ingredients until well combined.


ENJOY! :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment