These were so yummy, I can see me having it for afternoon tea or even during my after dinner snack attack!
Makes: 8-12 (depending on size tin used)
- 100g oats
- 50g cheerios
- 50g mixed seeds
- 50g cashews
- 65g of dried fruit (I used 2 snack packs of apple & sultanas)
- 75-100g honey
- 75g applesauce (homemade)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a muffin tin with oil.
- In a food processor or similar machine, blitz up oats, cheerios, seeds and nuts until slightly crushed (not too much as you want some texture). If using large pieces of dried fruit, you might want to blitz them too, but because I used small ones I didn't.
- Place in a medium - large bowl (need room for mixing as I learned the hard way!)
- Slight warm up honey (for easy mixing) and then add it and applesauce to the dry ingredients.
- Mix together well and scoop into muffin tin of choice. (I used my rectangle muffin tin as it was getting left out never being used, but a round muffin tin would do the same trick!)
- Using wet hands, press mixture around (down and sides) to form a cup and bake for 15-20mins or until slight toasted on edges. Be careful as some fruit will burn faster than the rest, like sultanas (again what I learned making these!).
- Allow to cool slightly in tin before removing gently so they don't break.
- Once cooled store in air tight container until ready to use.
Remember, this is just the ingredients I used because I had them already (shopping day tomorrow!). Feel feel to mix it up to suit what you have on hand. I'm a HUGE believer in finishing off items I already have. The cashews for example were a bonus this week as I made butter chicken the other night, otherwise it would have been normal peanuts! If I had any coconut left I would have used some of that too. Have fun experimenting like I did!