13 March 2014

Apple Pie Fries

I am a sucker for anything sweet and even though I attempt where possible to be good and use substitutions some days I just want something yummy and not care about the calories or fats...  So when I saw this recipe after browsing my pinterest boards of things I needed to try, I had to finally give it a go so I could use up the remaining applesauce in my fridge.

WOW... OMG... YUM!!!!! These were so good!!!!  The original recipe was on Oh, Bite It! and here is my version, pretty similar really just using ingredients I had on hand as some American ingredients we don't get here down under.






















Apple Pie Fries
Made: approx 2 dozen

Ingredients:
  • 2 sheets pre-made puff pastry
  • 3-4 Tbsp homemade applesauce
  • 1 egg
  • Sugar for sprinkling
  • Ice Cream, cream or caramel sauce for dipping
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
  2. With a fork whisk an egg with a splash of water for the egg wash and set aside.
  3. Spread the applesauce out on 1 sheet of puff pastry.
  4. Place the other sheet on top and slice into sticks. I used my daughters crinkle playdoh cutter (cleaned of course!)
  5. Place on a lined baking tray or silicone mat (I prefer silicone mat as so much easier!) and brush with egg wash. 
  6. Sprinkle tops with a bit of sugar and bake for 15-20mins or until pastry is golden brown.

Eat warm with ice cream, cream or caramel sauce!  I found a small container of left over caramel sauce in my fridge too and made this yummy treat into an awesomely yummy treat!!!!

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment