WOW... OMG... YUM!!!!! These were so good!!!! The original recipe was on Oh, Bite It! and here is my version, pretty similar really just using ingredients I had on hand as some American ingredients we don't get here down under.
Apple Pie Fries
Made: approx 2 dozen
- 2 sheets pre-made puff pastry
- 3-4 Tbsp homemade applesauce
- 1 egg
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Ice Cream, cream or caramel sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- With a fork whisk an egg with a splash of water for the egg wash and set aside.
- Spread the applesauce out on 1 sheet of puff pastry.
- Place the other sheet on top and slice into sticks. I used my daughters crinkle playdoh cutter (cleaned of course!)
- Place on a lined baking tray or silicone mat (I prefer silicone mat as so much easier!) and brush with egg wash.
- Sprinkle tops with a bit of sugar and bake for 15-20mins or until pastry is golden brown.
Eat warm with ice cream, cream or caramel sauce! I found a small container of left over caramel sauce in my fridge too and made this yummy treat into an awesomely yummy treat!!!!