I made up these yummy and super moist banana & pineapple cakes with a few substitutions to make them a bit healthier. They were really yummy so I thought I better share.
Banana & Pineapple Cakes
Makes: approx 12 small cupcakes (these are smaller than the standard muffin tray but not mini)
- 1 cup SR flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2/3 cup applesauce (homemade)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g pineapple
- 150g banana
- 50g mixed seeds (could use nuts eg: walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
- Using a food processor, bellini or thermomix, blitz up the seeds or nuts so they are crushed up a bit.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. (depending on your applesauce or yoghurt, if the mixture seems too wet, just add a little bit more flour).
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake for approx 20-25mins or until cooked thru.