20 March 2014

Banana & Pineapple Cakes

The other night I felt like something sweet but not chocolate (I know, shock horror! LOL) so I popped my head into fridge to see what I had that I could use up.  I love using up remaining ingredients, no wastage here!

I made up these yummy and super moist banana & pineapple cakes with a few substitutions to make them a bit healthier.  They were really yummy so I thought I better share.






















Banana & Pineapple Cakes
Makes: approx 12 small cupcakes (these are smaller than the standard muffin tray but not mini)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup SR flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup natural yoghurt
  • 2/3 cup applesauce (homemade)
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 150g pineapple
  • 150g banana
  • 50g mixed seeds (could use nuts eg: walnuts)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with liners.
  2. Using a food processor, bellini or thermomix, blitz up the seeds or nuts so they are crushed up a bit.
  3. Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. (depending on your applesauce or yoghurt, if the mixture seems too wet, just add a little bit more flour).
  4. Pour into cupcake liners and bake for approx 20-25mins or until cooked thru.
These are really nice on their own, but hubby enjoyed a bit of cream cheese frosting on top of his.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment