12 March 2014

Carrot & Pineapple Cakes

In an attempt to help out my friend with her ASD child who like Ella is a bad eater, I made these cakes for him to try.  He loves anything if comes in a cake form, I hope now I've done one he will like!

I found this recipe on Country at Heart Recipes and of course altered it to my liking.  I still like to give credit to the original recipe for the inspiration!






















Carrot & Pineapple Cakes
Made: 15 small cupcakes (not mini just smaller than normal muffin tin)

Ingredients:
  • 85g butter, softened
  • 85g natural greek yoghurt
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 130g carrot, grated
  • 150g pineapple (I used fresh, semi frozen as I had it in freezer), otherwise crushed canned is ok
  • 70g mixed seeds (or alternatively a nut of choice eg: walnuts)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners.
  2. Cream together butter, yoghurt & sugar.
  3. Add eggs & vanilla and beat until combined, then dry ingredients and beat until combined.
  4. Next step will depend on your equipment... I use a Bellini so I just added carrots, pineapple & seeds and blitz until all crushed and combined.  If using a hand mixer, you may just want to stir through with a spoon, just pre-chop seeds & pineapple first. 
  5. Pour into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 mins. They may seem soft inside thats because its mosit type of cake.

Eat warm as is or serve with cream cheese frosting.  This time around I was super lazy and just used the pre-made philly cream cheese frosting I already had in the fridge.

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment