I found this recipe on Country at Heart Recipes and of course altered it to my liking. I still like to give credit to the original recipe for the inspiration!
Carrot & Pineapple Cakes
Made: 15 small cupcakes (not mini just smaller than normal muffin tin)
- 85g butter, softened
- 85g natural greek yoghurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 130g carrot, grated
- 150g pineapple (I used fresh, semi frozen as I had it in freezer), otherwise crushed canned is ok
- 70g mixed seeds (or alternatively a nut of choice eg: walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with liners.
- Cream together butter, yoghurt & sugar.
- Add eggs & vanilla and beat until combined, then dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Next step will depend on your equipment... I use a Bellini so I just added carrots, pineapple & seeds and blitz until all crushed and combined. If using a hand mixer, you may just want to stir through with a spoon, just pre-chop seeds & pineapple first.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 mins. They may seem soft inside thats because its mosit type of cake.
Eat warm as is or serve with cream cheese frosting. This time around I was super lazy and just used the pre-made philly cream cheese frosting I already had in the fridge.