I been seeing Arancini Balls everywhere lately and always wanted to try them, but we aren't big risotto eaters so I have been putting off trying them out. Then today I thought, why not try sweet arancini balls... so I did...
I totally forgot to do measurements (as I was inventing) so here is are the basic directions to what I did.
- Blitzed up some leftover biscuits from the cookie container (you know all the half one no one wants to eat!) and some cheerios to make sweet crumbs.
- Mixed a splash of vanilla essence and a couple tablespoons of runny cream into the left over rice. You don't want it wet, just sticky.
- Formed balls with my hands and stuffed a few choc chips into each ball.
- Roll in the crumb mixture. Once all rolled & crumbed, heat up a small saucepan with inch or so deep of oil.
- Carefully place one ball at a time into hot oil and using a slotted spoon kept moving them around in the oil for 20seconds remove and drain on paper towel. I only had 3 cooking at a time so there was no chance of burning them.
- Serve hot with ice cream, or a dipping sauce.