17 March 2014

Chocolate Chip Arancini Balls

There is a long standing rule in this house, if we have rice for dinner I must leave some left over to make Creamy Rice as its one of hubby's favourites.  Today I wanted to do something slightly different but still give him his rice pudding, well sort of!

I been seeing Arancini Balls everywhere lately and always wanted to try them, but we aren't big risotto eaters so I have been putting off trying them out.  Then today I thought, why not try sweet arancini balls...  so I did...






















I totally forgot to do measurements (as I was inventing) so here is are the basic directions to what I did.

  1. Blitzed up some leftover biscuits from the cookie container (you know all the half one no one wants to eat!) and some cheerios to make sweet crumbs.
  2. Mixed a splash of vanilla essence and a couple tablespoons of runny cream into the left over rice. You don't want it wet, just sticky.
  3. Formed balls with my hands and stuffed a few choc chips into each ball.
  4. Roll in the crumb mixture.  Once all rolled & crumbed, heat up a small saucepan with inch or so deep of oil.
  5. Carefully place one ball at a time into hot oil and using a slotted spoon kept moving them around in the oil for 20seconds remove and drain on paper towel. I only had 3 cooking at a time so there was no chance of burning them.
  6. Serve hot with ice cream, or a dipping sauce.

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment