02 March 2014

Frozen hot chocolate

I'm not a hot drink person. I don't do tea or coffee or chai latte not even caramel macchiato!  I'll have the occasional hot chocolate on a cold day, but not often.  But recently I read a post on a cooking group about iced coffee and it made me thik "oh that sounds good, even though I hate coffee!".  So in my typical style, I used the idea to make something slightly different.

So off I went and boiled the kettle and mixed some boiling water with drinking chocolate and let it cool for a few minutes.  Then poured it into ice cube trays and popped them in freezer.  Today I finally remembered they were in there I grabbed out a few and blitzed them up in my blender with a scoop of ice cream and a splash of milk. 

OMG it was the best brain freeze ever!






















If you are watching what you eat you could substitute the ice cream for yoghurt, coconut milk or almond milk, just remember to freeze them first so your drink is like a frozen slushie!

No comments:

Post a Comment