I wanted to share something green today, so here is the Kiwi Jam I made for a friend of mine last week. I'm actually not a big fan of kiwi fruit, so when I got given a bag of them only the day after my friend joked I need to make her some kiwi jam, I knew exactly what I was going to do to use them all up! Surprisingly in the end it tasted pretty good even for a non kiwi fruit eater like myself! LOL. Plus it was a big hit at her St Pat's Day work morning tea yesterday.
The original recipe came from the Thermomix site, with only a few adjustments.
- 600g fresh kiwi (peeled)
- 1 apple (peeled and cored)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g sugar
- 1/2 tsp gelatine powder - optional
- I use a bellini (fake thermomix) so I just popped all the ingredients into the bowl except the gelatine and gave a quick turbo chop.
- Then set to 35mins at 100 degrees at speed 2 (no MC, put the basket on top of the lid instead to avoid splatters)
- When that finished I mixed about a tablespoon of water with the gelatine and added to the bowl then finished off with 7mins at 100 degrees at speed 2. This is optional if you think the jam is set enough don't worry about it as it does thicken up a bit once in the fridge.
- Poured into sterilized jar.