Anyway I had a heap of lemon curd I needed to use up and so made my Nanna's Jam Drops and replaced her favourite raspberry jam with the lemon curd, but will be making more this week with strawberry jam as these were so delicious they all disappeared really quickly!
Lemon Jam Drops
Makes: approx 25-30 small biscuits (forgot to count before they got gobbled up!)
- 125g butter, soft
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup SR flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup rice flour (or cornflour)
- Pinch of salt
- Lemon Curd (or favourite jam)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture and combine well.
- Roll teaspoon amounts into balls and place on a greased oven tray or silicone mat.
- Make a little well in middle of each ball (I just use my finger) and add a little lemon curd or jam.
- Bake for 12-15mins then allow to cool on the tray for 5-10mins before moving them.
Thanks Nanna these biscuits were awesome!!!!!