15 March 2014

Lemon Jam Drops

After coming across some of my Nanna's old handwritten recipes this week I went through a few different emotions.... Happy that I got to see her unique writing again then sad that she wasn't here with me anymore, then excited that I was going to make one of her recipes then guilty cause I knew I'd alter even my Nanna's recipe! Sorry Nanna but it was only a few minor alterations to use things I had here without a trip to the shop.

Anyway I had a heap of lemon curd I needed to use up and so made my Nanna's Jam Drops and replaced her favourite raspberry jam with the lemon curd, but will be making more this week with strawberry jam as these were so delicious they all disappeared really quickly!






















Lemon Jam Drops
Makes: approx 25-30 small biscuits (forgot to count before they got gobbled up!)

Ingredients
  • 125g butter, soft
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 cup SR flour
  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 1/4 cup rice flour (or cornflour)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Lemon Curd (or favourite jam)

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
  2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
  4. Sift dry ingredients into creamed mixture and combine well.
  5. Roll teaspoon amounts into balls and place on a greased oven tray or silicone mat.
  6. Make a little well in middle of each ball (I just use my finger) and add a little lemon curd or jam.
  7. Bake for 12-15mins then allow to cool on the tray for 5-10mins before moving them.
Note: If mixture is a bit dry just add a tsp of water. 

Thanks Nanna these biscuits were awesome!!!!!

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment