07 March 2014

Not so molten, lava cakes

You know that moment at the end of the day when you just want something thats yummy and but easy to make... yep well that was me tonight...  So I made these super easy and yummy lava cakes with a few substitutions so they weren't 'as' bad. They ended up being non-gooey, but still tasted great.  I either had too much flour or left in too long as they weren't quite the lava cakes I was hoping for, more like a super moist chocolate cake.  But hey any chocolate cake is good, am I right!






















Not So Molten Lava Cakes
Makes: 4 mini hearts

Ingredients
  • 60g chocolate (I just used chocolate chips)
  • 3 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 Tbsp applesauce (homemade)
  • 3 Tbsp plain flour
  • 1 egg
Method:
  1. Preheat oven 180 degrees
  2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate.  Mix in coconut oil and applesauce while chocolate still warm.
  3. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then whisk in flour and egg.
  4. Bake for approx 8-10mins.

Next time I'll only use 2 Tbsp plain flour and take them out at 8mins, but it was still worth sharing as a yummy chocolate cake quick dessert.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment