I altered a basic pancake recipe to use less sugar, since they will be eaten with maple syprup I didn't want a sugar rush. Plus I substituted out the butter for some coconut oil.
Makes: 12 small cupcakes and 6 flat pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups SR Flour
- 1/4 tsp bi-carb soda
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- In a bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, whisking each bit together until well combined.
- Add a tad more milk if you think mixture is too thick.
- Fry off on an oiled frypan for traditional pancakes or pour mixture into cupcake liners and bake at 180 degrees for approx 10-15mins.
- Serve with your choice of pancake topping.