04 March 2014

Pancake Day

We love pancakes so when I remembered today was Shrove Tuesday, aka PANCAKE DAY I was doing mini dance! Whoop Whoop!!!  Nothing beats having pancakes mid week, its like a special treat! But as much as I love eating them, I hate making them.  Standing over a hot pan trying to get the perfect colour, size etc... urgh hate it! Or maybe its just that Ella decides right when I'm making them to need me and I end up burning some.  So today I made a couple of flat ones and then decided to make the rest into cupcakes!  They worked out pretty good if I do say so :-)

I altered a basic pancake recipe to use less sugar, since they will be eaten with maple syprup I didn't want a sugar rush.  Plus I substituted out the butter for some coconut oil.






















Pancakes
Makes: 12 small cupcakes and 6 flat pancakes

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil 
  • 2 cups SR Flour
  • 1/4 tsp bi-carb soda
  • 3 Tbsp sugar
Method:
  1. In a bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.
  2. Gradually add the dry ingredients, whisking each bit together until well combined.
  3. Add a tad more milk if you think mixture is too thick.
  4. Fry off on an oiled frypan for traditional pancakes or pour mixture into cupcake liners and bake at 180 degrees for approx 10-15mins.
  5. Serve with your choice of pancake topping.
ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment