I altered a recipe I found on Real Meals because I wanted to use less sugar and also I didn't have real vanilla pods or jamsetta. So here is my adaption...
Pear & Vanilla Jam
- 600g fresh pears (peeled & cored)
- 200g sugar
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp gelatine powder - optional
- I use a bellini (fake thermomix) so I just popped all the ingredients into the bowl except the gelatine and gave a quick turbo chop.
- Then set to 35mins at 100 degrees at speed 2 (no MC, put the basket on top of the lid instead to avoid splatters)
- When that finished I mixed about a tablespoon of water with the gelatine and added to the bowl then finished off with 7mins at 100 degrees at speed 2. This is optional if you think the jam is set enough don't worry about it as it does thicken up a bit once in the fridge.
- Poured into sterilized jar.