28 March 2014

Pumpkin & Cauliflower Soup

Yesterday day when it was cold and raining down in buckets, I channeled my Mum who loves soup on a rainy day (secretly I do too!).  Hubby's not a huge soup fan, but since he was pretty out of it after his shoulder surgery, he didn't care too much.  He even enjoyed it!






















Pumpkin & Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 160g cauliflower, roughly chopped medium pieces
  • 600g pumpkin (kent or jap), roughly chopped medium pieces
  • 1 Tbsp of stock concentrate
  • 600ml water
  • 2 Tbsp sour cream
  • Salt & Pepper to taste

Method:
I used my bellini, but you could use do this on the stove top then just blitz with a blender.
  1. Blitz up the onion (optional: saute off with a splash of oil if you want, I don't bother)
  2. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 30mins on speed 1 @ 100.
  3. Depending on the size pieces of vegetables you may need to cook for a further 5mins.
  4. I prefer my soup thick, so I drained out some of the water.  If you do this just keep it aside in case you want to add some of it back in.
  5. Add sour cream, salt & pepper then hold the MC down tight, mix til smooth. I used speed 6 for 45seconds.
  6. Serve hot with some fresh bread!
ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment