31 March 2014

Reading Chart printable

Following on from my previous post, reading was a big thing we needed to encourage Ella to do so I made up this chart to get her motivated to read (or let me read to her) on a daily basis.  Now she happily sits through book after book after book!  Even her kindy teachers have mentioned Ella loves to have books read to her during morning tea break.  She obviously can't read properly yet, but 6months ago she wouldn't even let us read to her!  It's also cute to watch her read a book to us in her own version, she currently loves a gingerbread book we were given...  'run run run as fast as you can, you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!' Its great when she gets into the story and very passionately tells us whats happening in her own words.  I love reading myself and hopefully I will pass that love along to her as she grows up.

I'd suggest laminating this sheet also so you can use it over and over again.  You could even start the number of books per day low and gradually increase them, make it work for your child!  :-)






















Download chart here.

No comments:

Post a Comment