08 March 2014

Savoury Crackers

Hands up who loves savoury shapes.... ME! ME! ME!

This is my third batch of these crackers and each time they get better! Plus each time it gets easier. I love knowing that I can eat these and I'm not having all the preservatives from the store bought ones. The little bit of work involved to me is worth it!






















Savoury Crackers
Makes: 2.5 trays full

Ingredients

  • 65g parmesan cheese
  • 2 cups plain flour
  • 200g Sour cream
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • Pinch Pepper
  • 3-4 tsp Smokey bbq seasoning
  • 2-3 tsp Sesame seeds
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 110 (yep low and slow!)
  2. Using a food processor, bellini or thermomix mill parmesan (or use grated).
  3. Add flour and 150g sour cream & spices, mix until well combined.
  4. Gradually add more sour cream til looks like hundreds of little balls of dough. You don't want it too sticky as it will be too hard to roll out!
  5. On a silicone baking mat or pastry sheet, roll out until about 1-2mm thick. (I do it directly on by baking mat so less moving dough around).
  6. Because I use my baking mat I can't use a knife for cutting out, but I use my daughters playdoh swirly cutter (cleaned of course!) and slice into squares, then prick with fork for decorations.
  7. Bake for 70-80mins, until dry and cooked thru but not too brown!
  8. Allow to cool on trays then snap apart and keep in an air tight container.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment