This is my third batch of these crackers and each time they get better! Plus each time it gets easier. I love knowing that I can eat these and I'm not having all the preservatives from the store bought ones. The little bit of work involved to me is worth it!
Makes: 2.5 trays full
- 65g parmesan cheese
- 2 cups plain flour
- 200g Sour cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 3-4 tsp Smokey bbq seasoning
- 2-3 tsp Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 110 (yep low and slow!)
- Using a food processor, bellini or thermomix mill parmesan (or use grated).
- Add flour and 150g sour cream & spices, mix until well combined.
- Gradually add more sour cream til looks like hundreds of little balls of dough. You don't want it too sticky as it will be too hard to roll out!
- On a silicone baking mat or pastry sheet, roll out until about 1-2mm thick. (I do it directly on by baking mat so less moving dough around).
- Because I use my baking mat I can't use a knife for cutting out, but I use my daughters playdoh swirly cutter (cleaned of course!) and slice into squares, then prick with fork for decorations.
- Bake for 70-80mins, until dry and cooked thru but not too brown!
- Allow to cool on trays then snap apart and keep in an air tight container.