Sour Cream Pastry
- 200g cold butter, diced
- 250g flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch salt
- In a food processor, bellini or thermomix mix butter, flour and salt until a breadcrumb type mixture forms.
- Gradually add the sour cream mixing until all comes together.
- Shape into a ball and wrap in cling then chill in fridge for at least 30mins.
Mince Meat & Veg Pie
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Tbsp stock concentrate
- 80g tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp gravox powder
- 600-700ml water
- salt & pepper
- 450g mince
- 1 cup frozen peas & corn
- 3 large button mushroom, chopped up
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a pie dish with oil.
- Roll out a sheet of pastry and blind bake for 15-20mins then set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare meat mixture (which I made in my bellini so you'll need to adapt to stove top if you don't have a thermomix or bellini).
- Place onion, carrots & garlic in bowl and chop on speed 7 for 7 seconds.
- Scrap down sides and saute with a splash of oil for 2-3mins on speed 1 at 100.
- Add bay leaves, stock, tomato paste, gravox, water, salt & pepper to the bowl and place basket ontop.
- Place mince in basket and cook for 15mins on speed 1 at 100.
- Stir mince to break it up a bit then add peas, corn and mushrooms to basket and cook for further 5mins on speed 1 at 100.
- Stir again to combine basket ingredients before removing from the jug.
- Pour mixture from basket into the pre-baked pastry shell and add a little bit of the juice from the jug (enough to make the mixture moist but not too wet as you don't want to have a soggy pie!).
- Roll out another sheet of pastry and place on top and bake in oven for further 20mins or until pastry on top is golden brown.
Tomorrow's post will be a sweet dish that I made to finish off the pastry!