29 April 2014

San Choy Bow

I'm not a huge iceberg lettuce fan so when we got one in our vegie pack this fortnight I knew what I was going to make straight away (as I definitely don't do it in salads, cause I'm strange that way).  I had a pack of beef mince in the freezer so this was a simple light dinner that was quickly added to my menu plan.  My version is not the traditional recipe, because I like to make things simple and cost effective, I used what I had on hand, still tasted awesome though!






















San Choy Bow
Made 2 servings (but thats all we ate, no other sides etc)

Ingredients:
  • 2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 tsp mince ginger
  • 1/2 tsp mince chilli (more if you like it hot!!)
  • 450g beef mince (could you any type)
  • 1 large carrot
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas and corn
  • Splash of soy sauce (sorry forgot to measure it)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup water (if needed)
  • Salt to taste
  • Iceberg lettuce
Method:
  1. Spray a frypan with a little bit of oil and heat up.  
  2. Once hot add garlic, ginger & chilli and stir around.
  3. Add mince and brown off until half cooked.
  4. Add vegetables and soy sauce and mix around, cook until mince is completely cooked and vegies are soft.
  5. If you feel the mixture is too dry, gradually add a bit of water until your mixture is at desired wetness.
  6. Add salt to taste.
  7. Meanwhile core out a iceberg lettuce and remove the leaves gently so you get 'cups'.
  8. Serve mince mixture in the lettuce cups, fold up and tuck in!!!!
You could get creative an add any vegetable you like, or bamboo shoots etc.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment