03 April 2014

Zucchini Bites

During one of my many nights of scrolling thru Pinterest I came across a cool idea for zucchini chips.  I still had heaps of zucchini to use up so I made these last night, well my version of them anyway, and they were so good!  Unfortunately I didn't really measure anything, but it is a simple recipe so I thought I'd share it anyway.  I baked my version instead of frying them off so a lot less oil was used.






















Zucchini Bites

Ingredients:
  • Parmesan cheese, finely milled
  • Crumbs of choice (panko, breadcrumbs etc) My crumbs are made up of whatever I have leftover, these ones I used last night were a mix of day old bread, bottom dregs of the pretzels, savoury crackers & grainwaves container.
  • Egg
  • Zucchini
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare an oven tray with some spray oil or silicone mat.
  2. Whisk together an egg in a small bowl and set aside.
  3. Remove ends from zucchini and slice into pieces.
  4. In another bowl mix together 70% parmesan cheese and 30% crumbs (sorry I didn't measure, I just know I used a lot more cheese than crumbs!)
  5. Dunk zucchini slices into egg then into crumbs.
  6. Layer them on oven tray and give a quick spray with oil then bake for 20-25mins

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment