02 April 2014

Zucchini Cakes

I received heaps of zucchini this week and wanted a semi ok cake to eat so pulled out a recipe I'ved used a couple of times and got to work. The original recipe came from Thermomixer but as usual I tweaked it to my liking. Compared to some of my other calorie laden recipes lately, this is definately on the healthyish side!  Plus they freeze really well so great for lunchboxes (kids and parents!)






















Zucchini Cakes
Made: 12 cupcakes & 1 loaf (or 2 loaves)

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 300g applesauce (homemade)
  • 3 tsp vanilla essence
  • 3 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 150g mixed seeds
  • 600g zucchini (skin on, just remove ends)
  • 350g self raising flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 tsp cinnamon
Method:
I used my bellini so I didn't have to grate my zucchini or chop my seeds, if you don't use a bellini, thermomix or food processor you may want to pre-grate zucchini and chop seeds first.
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and spray a loaf tin with oil, and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. 
  2. Beat the eggs, applesauce, vanilla & oil until well combined.
  3. Add seeds and zucchini and blitz in until all chopped up and mixed together.
  4. Add flour, salt & cinnamon and mix well.
  5. Pour into prepared tins and liners and bake loaf for approx 35-45mins and cupcakes for approx 20mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
ENJOY! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment