I love my pumpkin pie recipe that I've used for years so I just changed it up a bit so it was more of a cake than a pie and gave it a go. They taste really yummy! Half have been gobbled up already and the rest are now in the freezer for easy snacks for the week.
- 500g pumpkin, raw (should make approx 420g cooked pumpkin)
- 90g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup SR flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Peel and chop up pumpkin, wrap in foil and bake in oven for approx 30mins until tender, allow to cool slightly.
- Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Beat together sugar, eggs, cream, sour cream and vanilla
- Add cooled pumpkin and remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture between cupcake liners and bake for approx 20mins or until completely cooked in centre.