06 May 2014

Pumpkin Cupcakes

During my 'use up' day, where I use up whatever I have left in the fridge before tomorrows new fruit & vegetable parcel arrives, I came across a whole pumpkin that looked lonely and was begging to be used up.  So I got to thinking what things can I make with the pumpkin...  So dinner tonight is going to be pumpkin & feta risotto, I left some pumpkin in the fridge for tomorrows dinner of basic meat & vegs and then I thought about something sort of sweet...  enter the pumpkin cupcake!

I love my pumpkin pie recipe that I've used for years so I just changed it up a bit so it was more of a cake than a pie and gave it a go.  They taste really yummy!  Half have been gobbled up already and the rest are now in the freezer for easy snacks for the week.






















Pumpkin Cupcakes


Ingredients:
  • 500g pumpkin, raw (should make approx 420g cooked pumpkin)
  • 90g brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla 
  • 1 1/3 cup SR flour
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tsp ground nutmeg
  • Pinch of salt
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
  2. Peel and chop up pumpkin, wrap in foil and bake in oven for approx 30mins until tender, allow to cool slightly.
  3. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
  4. Beat together sugar, eggs, cream, sour cream and vanilla
  5. Add cooled pumpkin and remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
  6. Pour mixture between cupcake liners and bake for approx 20mins or until completely cooked in centre.
Note:  I used sour cream because that's what I had to use up, otherwise I would have used 3/4 cup of cream in total.  No wastage here!!!!

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment