10 June 2014

Cacao Coconut Brownie Slice

** EDITED ** If you want a sugar free version of this go and check out my new and improved version you can find here.


Original Post
So I was having an afternoon just waiting around the house for a delivery and saw a recipe that I thought looked really yummy.  Off I trotted to make it but in the end I changed it up a bit and ended up nothing like the way it was supposed to be, but still yummy thankfully!  So here is my semi healthy brownie slice using some healthier option ingredients, sweet treat without the guilty (or as much guilt!)






















CACAO COCONUT BROWNIE SLICE
Ingredients
  • 2 egg white
  • 150g rapadura
  • 90g coconut oil 
  • 4 tablespoon water 
  • Splash of vanilla 
  • 130g almond meal (I made my own first before starting recipe with raw almonds)
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour  
  • 30g cacao powder 
  • 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease/line a slice tray (I just use a silicone tray, much easier to get slice out of!).
  2. Using a bellini or thermomix, whip egg whites and sugar with the butterfly attachment for 3mins on speed 4.
  3. Remove butterfly and add remaining ingredients and mix together for 20 seconds on speed 5.
  4. Scrape down sides and remix again if need be.
  5. Pour into slice tray and bake for 15-20mins (may still seem a bit soft to touch but will firm up upon cooling)
  6. Allow to cool down slightly before turning out onto a board and slicing up.





















As usual there was always a few teaspoons of mixture still left in the bowl that I couldn't get out, so using a tip I picked up from Jo at Quirky Cooking, I blitzed some milk up to move the leftovers around and cooked it for a few minutes and had myself a yummy semi crunchy hot chocolate drink for afternoon tea!  I've done back to back stuff before to save wastage (eg: make satay sauce after making peanut butter) but never thought to do this, OMG brownie hot chocolate is my new fav drink!!!!

ENJOY! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment