17 July 2014

Healthy Cocoa Pops

After months of telling hubby I'll try, I finally got around to making him some homemade cocoa pops today. So easy too! He absolutely loves cocoa pops but I rarely buy them for him, its like a special treat when he gets them, well now I'll make them all the time as they really were super easy!

























Healthy Cocoa Pops

Ingredients:
  • 170g bag of puffed rice
  • 45g coconut oil
  • 20g cacao powder
  • 80g honey
  • splash vanilla essence (I make my own)
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180° and divide the bag of puffed rice onto 2-3 oven trays.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl place remaining ingredients and cook for 1min until all ingredients melted (maybe be more or less depending on your microwave).
  3. Stir mixture until well combined and smooth.
  4. Pour over the trays of puffed rice and using hands (as its easiest) move mixture around until all puffed rice is covered.
  5. Bake for 3-5mins stirring halfway but keep eye on it as can burn fast.
  6. Allow to cool in the trays then break up and store in airtight container.
Enjoy! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment