18 August 2014

Almost Paleo Chocolate Fudge

I made peanut butter over the weekend and I prefer to make something back to back so to use up all traces of what I've made.  I wasn't in the mood for satay sauce cause I wanted something sweet instead.  Then I remembered seeing a paleo fudge recipe that I wanted to try, obviously it wasn't going to be true paleo, but if you substitute the peanut butter for an alternative nut butter, you could make it real paleo. Anyway, I'm not too fussed on the paleo part, as it was a healthier alternative to fudge thats normally made with condensed milk so I was happy. 

Not only did I get a chocolate fudge without a heap of sugar, I didn't need to use expensive cacao butter to have a homemade chocolate type treat. Yes its not normal chocolate, but its chocolatey so that counts in my books! See for yourself, how pretty they look and of course they taste even better.  Next time I might even sneak a raspberry inside for a special surprise centre.  These are really good, I had to hide them away as I ate 4 before I realised it!

These are going to make a great gift idea for the Christmas Season!

The original paleo recipe credit can be found over on Practical Paleo.























Almost Paleo Chocolate Fudge

Ingredients:
  • 200g homemade peanut butter (this was a guesstimate from what was left over from just making it)
  • 100g coconut oil, melted
  • 3 Tbsp cacao powder
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • Splash vanilla
Method:
  1. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. I used speed 5 for 10-15 seconds.
  2. Pour into chocolate molds and set in freezer for 20-30mins.
  3. Remove from molds and keep in airtight container in the fridge.
  4. Don't eat them all at once! :-)
Then just to ensure no wastage at all I added a cup of milk to the jug and cooked it up for 5mins on speed 3 and had an awesome hot chocolate! (see those last bits you can never get out of the jug are handy after all)

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment