22 August 2014

Apple Bliss Balls

Last week I mentioned we finally got Ella to eat apples by using a slinky machine. Well after 3 days she was over them! Aargh! But we kept trying then I found I had all these apples that had been slinkyed but not touched. Since I hate wastage I popped each one she refused in a bag in the fridge as I knew I could make something with them later (they were just a little brown from being cut but perfectly fine otherwise).

On with my inventive hat and here was the outcome.... Apple Bliss Balls.... OMG so yummy, and a good healthy snack to have on hand. I keep mine in the freezer so they last longer. You could use any nuts I just used these as they were what I had on hand. If you want a nut free version, you could use seeds of your choice.






















Apple Bliss Balls

Ingredients:
  • 275g apple with skin on, cored and quartered
  • 40g brazil nuts
  • 80g almonds
  • 180g medjool dates (approx 12)
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 50g coconut flour
  • 20g cacao powder
  • Dessicated coconut for rolling
Method:
  1. Using a Bellini, Thermomix or food processor, place apple pieces into bowl and pulse twice to roughly chop.
  2. Add nuts and chop at speed 8 for 5-7 seconds.
  3. Scrape down sides and add remaining ingredients and combine at speed 7 for 15-20 seconds.
  4. Using wet hands roll into balls and roll in coconut.
  5. Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.
ENJOY! :-)

PS: Ella ate half an apple yesterday at kindy so perhaps we are back on a winner... we can only keep trying.  Least now I have a way to use up those cut up and slightly browned apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment