On with my inventive hat and here was the outcome.... Apple Bliss Balls.... OMG so yummy, and a good healthy snack to have on hand. I keep mine in the freezer so they last longer. You could use any nuts I just used these as they were what I had on hand. If you want a nut free version, you could use seeds of your choice.
Apple Bliss Balls
- 275g apple with skin on, cored and quartered
- 40g brazil nuts
- 80g almonds
- 180g medjool dates (approx 12)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g coconut flour
- 20g cacao powder
- Dessicated coconut for rolling
- Using a Bellini, Thermomix or food processor, place apple pieces into bowl and pulse twice to roughly chop.
- Add nuts and chop at speed 8 for 5-7 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and add remaining ingredients and combine at speed 7 for 15-20 seconds.
- Using wet hands roll into balls and roll in coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.
PS: Ella ate half an apple yesterday at kindy so perhaps we are back on a winner... we can only keep trying. Least now I have a way to use up those cut up and slightly browned apples!