16 August 2014

Chicken Noodle Soup

I woke up sick this morning and made myself some yummy Chicken Noodle Soup and sent myself back to bed.  There were a few that wanted my recipe after I put it up on Instagram earlier, so here it is.  PS. my nap worked a treat, I feel so much better, but am thinking it was a mixture of the soup and the rest.

This soup is so yummy that I'm making it again for dinner.  Poor hubby who isn't a soup fan might not be too excited to hear that LOL.






















Chicken Noodle Soup
This quantity made enough for 2 bowls and it was quite thick, add more stock if you want to go further or thin it out a bit.

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • Splash of oil
  • 25g butter
  • 25g plain flour
  • 600g liquid vegetable stock*
  • 270g corn kernels (frozen or canned)
  • 1 chicken breast, roughly chopped into cubes (sorry didn't weigh but approx 350-400g)
  • Salt, Pepper and some parsley for seasoning
  • Generous handful of fried noodles (those ones you use to make chocolate spiders)
  • Few Tbsp of cream (optional)
Method:
Note: For my fellow bellini users, I used the blunt blade for the entire thing. Thermomix users, you would do it on reverse during the cooking stages.
  1. Blitz the onion and garlic, speed 8 for 5seconds.
  2. Scrape down sides and add oil then saute for 2mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.
  3. Add butter, flour, stock, corn and chicken and cook for 20 mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.
  4. Add the seasoning, noodles and cream and cook for further 5mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.
* I made stock last week so had some homemade liquid stock ready to use from rinsing out the jug of the last bit of stock concentrate. Just use that amount of water and add your stock concentrate to it.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment