This soup is so yummy that I'm making it again for dinner. Poor hubby who isn't a soup fan might not be too excited to hear that LOL.
Chicken Noodle Soup
This quantity made enough for 2 bowls and it was quite thick, add more stock if you want to go further or thin it out a bit.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Splash of oil
- 25g butter
- 25g plain flour
- 600g liquid vegetable stock*
- 270g corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 1 chicken breast, roughly chopped into cubes (sorry didn't weigh but approx 350-400g)
- Salt, Pepper and some parsley for seasoning
- Generous handful of fried noodles (those ones you use to make chocolate spiders)
- Few Tbsp of cream (optional)
Note: For my fellow bellini users, I used the blunt blade for the entire thing. Thermomix users, you would do it on reverse during the cooking stages.
- Blitz the onion and garlic, speed 8 for 5seconds.
- Scrape down sides and add oil then saute for 2mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.
- Add butter, flour, stock, corn and chicken and cook for 20 mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.
- Add the seasoning, noodles and cream and cook for further 5mins on speed 1, 100 degrees.