Cinnamon Sugar Nuts
- 3 cups of mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews, pistachios, brazil nuts and peanuts)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Have everything ready as once you start you cannot walk away!
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and have ready beside the stove for the end.
- In non-stick fry-pan on medium high mix together the sugar, water and cinnamon.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve (don't stir it once its all mixed together).
- Add the nuts and mix around the syrup so they are all well coated (I found best tool to use was my tupperware spatula as it was flexible to move around the nuts without being to rough on them)
- Keep stirring (DON'T STOP!) until the mixture turns back into a dry sugary coating. This can take up to 10mins depending on the heat of pan etc. (if you stop stirring the mixture will melt again).
- Once nuts are well coated in the dry sugary coating remove immediately and pour over the lined baking tray.
- These can be served warm straight away or allow to cool completely and stored in an air tight container.