24 August 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Nuts

It was a wet and miserable day here yesterday (actually still is today!).  Ella is sick and climbing the walls and I was tired from a few weeks of broken sleep but I wanted to make something sweet, warm and yummy as a treat snack for the week ahead.  I've seen these cinnamon sugar nuts all over pinterest lately but didn't like the amount of sugar it used. So I made some my way, with less sugar. They might not have been as thickly coated as some I've seen but trust me, they are still oh-so-good!!!! I also decided to use mixture of different nuts as I didn't want to use up all my almonds in the one hit. Warning you now, these are addictive... not sure they are going to last the whole week!























Cinnamon Sugar Nuts

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups of mixed nuts (I used almonds, cashews, pistachios, brazil nuts and peanuts)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 Tbsp water
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
Method:
Have everything ready as once you start you cannot walk away!
  1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and have ready beside the stove for the end.
  2. In non-stick fry-pan on medium high mix together the sugar, water and cinnamon.
  3. Allow the sugar to dissolve (don't stir it once its all mixed together).
  4. Add the nuts and mix around the syrup so they are all well coated (I found best tool to use was my tupperware spatula as it was flexible to move around the nuts without being to rough on them)
  5. Keep stirring (DON'T STOP!) until the mixture turns back into a dry sugary coating.  This can take up to 10mins depending on the heat of pan etc. (if you stop stirring the mixture will melt again).
  6. Once nuts are well coated in the dry sugary coating remove immediately and pour over the lined baking tray.  
  7. These can be served warm straight away or allow to cool completely and stored in an air tight container.
A jar of these would make a great little gift idea or even a bowl of these would be great finger food at a party!

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment