Now you are probably thinking what you would do with this powerfully yummy spread.... well here is what I do... top off my breakfast bowl of homemade granola and homemade yoghurt with my new homemade curd! So good!!! Of course you could also have it on scones or toast.
Grapefruit & Vanilla Bean Curd
This quantity made 4 approx 200ml jars
- 20g grapefruit peel (for zest)
- 180g sugar
- Heaped Tbsp of vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
- 90g butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp cornflour dissolved in 6 Tbsp water
- 4 Tbsp almond milk (or any milk)
- Using sharp knife remove zest/peel from a grapefruit being sure to limit the white pith you get. Set peel aside.
- Completely remove peel from a few grapefruits and place in your bellini/thermomix bowl. (this makes the juice and will depend on size of your fruit as to how many you will need).
- Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Once you have enough juice, strain out pulp and set aside. Roughly clean and dry bowl (doesn't need to be perfect).
- Place peel and sugar in bowl and blitz on speed 10 for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10mins on speed 3, 80°
- Pour into sterilized jars and keep in fridge.