So I thought I'd share my version for those that may not have had success with homemade mayo yet. I use a spoonful of this to mix into my shredded chicken for lunches so the chicken doesn't fall all over the place!
- 1 egg - MUST BE ROOM TEMP (I take my egg out of fridge the night before I make it)
- 1 Tbsp mustard (sometimes I use more)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 200g oil of choice (I use sunflower oil)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place your butterfly attachment into the bellini or thermomix jug.
- Make sure everything is ready and measured as I have found the best results come when the whipping doesn't stop.
- Separate the egg white and yolk, place the yolk in the bowl and the put the egg white aside til later in recipe.
- Along with the yolk, place the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in the bowl.
- Set the timer for 5mins on speed 4.
- Whip the yolk, mustard and vinegar for approx 1min then start drizzling the oil in over the top of the measuring cup so that it drizzles in VERY SLOWLY OVER APPROX 3 MINUTES.
- In the last minute add the egg white thru the top of the jug and replace the MC.
- Sometimes if I get to the end and find I need more flavour I add some more mustard and give it a quick whiz up.
- Store in a jar and keep in fridge.