Pear and Pistachio Muffins with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
makes approx 15 medium sized muffins
- 60g butter
- 1 egg
- 100g rapadura
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 300g SR flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Pinch of salt
- 85g plain yoghurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 270g pear flesh, roughly chopped
- 50g pistachios, shelled
- 85g honey
- 115g cream cheese, soft
- 55g butter, soft
I used my Bellini to make these, but would work with egg beaters too.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a muffin tray with cases, or a loaf tin with parchment paper if you want to do one loaf instead of muffins.
- Beat butter, egg, rapadura and vanilla until well combined. In my Bellini I used speed 5 for 15 seconds.
- Add flour, spices, salt and yoghurt and mix again on speed 5 for 15-20seconds while gradually adding the milk thru the hole.
- Add pears and nuts and give it a quick pulse 2-3 times to give a quick mix without crushing the nuts too much (so you keep some texture).
- Bake for 20-25mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- To make frosting, simply beat all ingredients together (this I did use my egg beaters) until nice and smooth.