03 September 2014

5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake

I don't know if this happens to you but it happened here tonight. Dinner is over, kitchen is cleaned and basically 'closed' for the night and then you feel like something sweet to eat. Sound familiar? Don't feel like making a huge mess? Me either! So enter the famous mug cake to the rescue!!!!

I've done a few of these over time but this one I made in honour of Sugar Free September for those that are doing a wonderful thing for their bodies and cutting out sugar.  I'm not actually participating but am trying to limit sugars where I can and wanted to share some 'sugar free' inspiration throughout the month.  So here goes...  My 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake.  Takes 2 mins to prep and 3 minutes to cook...  seconds to devour!!!!  (apologies for the really bad photo, night photos aren't anyone's friend)






















5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Ingredients:
  • 3 Tbsp SR flour
  • 1 heaped Tbsp date paste (see here for my recipe how I make mine)
  • 1 Tbsp cacao powder
  • 1 egg
  • 2-3 Tbsp natural yoghurt, depending how runny your yoghurt is (love homemade no sugar natural yoghurt it rocks!)
  • Splash of vanilla (again I make my own vanilla essence)
Method:
This is really hard so pay attention.... just kidding!
  1. Add everything to a large mug and mix together really well ensuring no dry spots left around bottom of mug.
  2. Microwave for 3 minutes on high.
  3. Serve immediately.  Goes really well with a large dollop of coconut cream.

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment