I've done a few of these over time but this one I made in honour of Sugar Free September for those that are doing a wonderful thing for their bodies and cutting out sugar. I'm not actually participating but am trying to limit sugars where I can and wanted to share some 'sugar free' inspiration throughout the month. So here goes... My 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake. Takes 2 mins to prep and 3 minutes to cook... seconds to devour!!!! (apologies for the really bad photo, night photos aren't anyone's friend)
5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake
- 3 Tbsp SR flour
- 1 heaped Tbsp date paste (see here for my recipe how I make mine)
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 2-3 Tbsp natural yoghurt, depending how runny your yoghurt is (love homemade no sugar natural yoghurt it rocks!)
- Splash of vanilla (again I make my own vanilla essence)
This is really hard so pay attention.... just kidding!
- Add everything to a large mug and mix together really well ensuring no dry spots left around bottom of mug.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Serve immediately. Goes really well with a large dollop of coconut cream.