04 September 2014

Frozen Raspberry Bounty Slice

Last week I had a little bit of coconut cream that needed using up and then I remembered I still had all the leftover coconut pulp in the freezer that I hadn't done anything with.  In my aim to have 'no wastage' I came up with something to use up both of them!

Now that its starting to warm up a bit, this is a nice refreshing frozen treat to keep handy.


Frozen Raspberry Bounty Slice

Ingredients:
Layer1
  • 250g coconut pulp*
  • 160g homemade coconut cream
  • 30g raw honey
  • Splash of vanilla
Layer 2
  • 150g frozen raspberries
Layer 3
  • 130g coconut oil
  • 30g cacao powder
  • Splash of vanilla
  • 60g raw honey
Method:
  1. Layer 1 - Mix all ingredients together and lay out into a silicone form or slice tray lined with parchment paper. (my coconut pulp was frozen so I used my bellini, if not frozen just mix in a bowl)
  2. Layer 2 - Blitz frozen raspberries until semi smooth and spread across top of coconut layer (no need to wash bellini jug inbetween if you already used it for layer 1)
  3. Layer 3 - Melt coconut oil in microwave safe bowl, add remaining ingredients, stir and cook for 1min in microwave to ensure all mixed and melted together really well.  Allow to cool for a few minutes then pour over top of raspberry layer and freeze for a few hours to allow set.
Once set, remove from tray and slice up.  Keep in an airtight container in freezer and enjoy a cold refreshing treat whenever you want!

* If you don't have any coconut pulp leftover from making your own coconut milk/cream, you could use shredded coconut and blitz it up with rest of layer 1 ingredients to make the base.

ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment