Oh and the best part of this recipe is you don't need to wait til you have 8 egg whites to have this yummy dessert, just make smaller ones... yum yum!!!!
Super glossy and silky meringues!
Nice and crunchy outside and soft and chewy inside!
Makes 3 small ones
- 2 egg whites (room temp)
- Super tiny pinch salt
- Super tiny pinch cream of tarter
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Toppings of choice: whipped cream & fresh fruit
I have a container of pre-milled icing sugar ready, but if you don't have any, mill your sugar first, set aside and clean your bowl, blades and lid really well as you need it to be clean and dry. Then ensure you have all ingredients ready as you need to add things during the process so be prepared.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and get a silicone baking mat ready.
- Place butterfly attachment into the bowl and add egg whites, salt and cream of tarter and set timer for 8 minutes, 37 degrees and speed 4, don't walk away!
- Whip these first ingredients for 3 minutes and then start gradually adding the sugar thru the top then allow to whip for another 3 minutes.
- In the last minute add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla.
- Using a flexible spatula, scoop out the super glossy mixture and create 3 small individual rounds on the prepared silicone mat.
- Reduce oven temp to 120 degrees and bake for approx 45mins.
- Remove and allow to cool then top with whipped cream and fresh fruit of your choice.