01 September 2014

Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce

If you are on a calorie counting mission or not wanting to eat anything naughty, I advise you to look away now...  Otherwise read on at your own risk!  I did warn you!!!!

One of my favourite flavour combinations at the moment is peanut butter and caramel. Not so much by hubby, so if I wanted some I just mix a spoon of each into my homemade ice cream but when I ran out of caramel in the fridge I knew I was going to try something new when I made some more.

Enter my peanut butter caramel... just because I can!  Trust me its really good.  Its not totally smooth because I used my homemade peanut butter which has a slight texture to it, but it doesn't matter, it tastes so darn good a little bit of nut texture is not the end of the world. Hubby even likes it!!!!

So far Ive used the sauce to mix into ice cream with some crushed maltesers (again just because I can) and I heated it up and poured over some buttermilk pancakes on the weekend. Would also be good on individual steamed chocolate cakes or even a new sauce idea for my Apple Pie Fries too!!!  It is definitely one for the 'treats' list.  A little bit of naughty every now and then keeps life interesting.






















Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 50g butter
  • 50g milk
  • 50g cream
  • 60g honey
  • Splash of vanilla
  • 100g rapadura
  • 60g peanut butter
Method:
  1. Place all ingredients into Bellini or Thermomix bowl and cook at speed 3, 80 degrees for 7mins.
  2. Pour into glass jar and store in fridge once cooled.
ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment