09 September 2014

Sweet & Salty Cream Cheese Banana Custard Slice

A few weeks ago I was craving something sweet (as always LOL) so I opened the fridge to see what I had, only to find a little bit of this and a little bit of that.... so I popped on my thinking cap and went to work inventing something...  As I'm typing this I'm still unsure what to call them, other than absolutely delicious!

Apologies in advance for my lack of quantities, I wasn't actually expecting to have such a great outcome and so I didn't write it down, but it worked and I really wanted to share it with you.  So here goes....

Sweet & Salty Cream Cheese Banana Custard Slice

Ingredients:
  • a handful of pretzels
  • a few plain sweet biscuits
  • couple Tbsp melted butter
  • approx 130ml thickened cream
  • approx 3 Tbsp cream cheese
  • approx 1/2 cup leftover vanilla bean custard
  • 2 small over ripe bananas
Method:
I just used my trusty cheapo egg beaters for this job as it was only small.
  1. Crush up the pretzels & biscuits then mix in the melted butter and press into muffin tin to form the bases.  I used my rectangular muffin tin for something different.
  2. Whip the cream until just starts forming soft peaks.  
  3. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined.
  4. Pour over the bases and freezer for about an hour.
  5. Eat as is or serve with a dollop of salted caramel (luckily I had a few tablespoons of it left in the fridge for just such an occasion!)
Just goes to show that a few leftover ingredients can make something new and amazing.  Hubby loved it so much I have to try and re-create them now.  When I do, I shall pop back and edit the quantities for future reference.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment