10 October 2014

Choc Chip Cookie Cake Bars

I have been making these cookie cake bars as a treat for a few years now but haven't made one in ages. So when I saw it during a flick thru my old recipes I instantly knew what treat I was making for hubby to make up for the awful take out I made him eat.  I call them cookie cake bars as they aren't quite a normal cake, and not quite a cookie, its a bit of both cut into a bar/slice depending on the size portion you want!

I put up a picture of my dessert plate on Instagram and Facebook last night and seemed many wanted the recipe, so here it is for you to make for your family and friends!






















Choc Chip Cookie Cake Bars

Ingredients:
  • 100g butter
  • 100g rapadura
  • Splash vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 150g SR Flour
  • 55g chocolate chunks/chips
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and have a slice form ready (I use my Tupperware silicone slice form that is approx 32cm x 17cm as its so much easier to get things out of and no issues with sticking baking paper)
  2. In a microwave proof jug, melt butter and while still warm, mix in the rapadura so it melts a little. (I just use a normal metal spoon for this recipe as it only takes minutes)
  3. Add remaining ingredients except chocolate chunks/chips and mix until all combined and a nice smooth batter is formed.
  4. Spread evenly into the slice form and sprinkle chocolate chunks/chips across the top.
  5. Bake for approx 10-15mins depending on your oven.
  6. Turn out onto a board and slice into bars (size of your choice).
  7. Best served warm with preferred toppings, however leftovers can be stored once cool in an airtight container in fridge or freezer (use within a day or two if in the fridge).
ENJOY!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment