It was interesting as I wouldn't taste test it to make sure the flavours were ok, just fingers crossed and hoped it worked. Thankfully my wonderful neighbour is my back up taste tester and she said it was yummy but to make sure I mention it has a medium spicyness to it! These would make a perfect little gift to keep in mind for the upcoming silly season.
Tomato Chutney (with a kick)
- 1kg tomatoes, quartered
- 125g medjool dates, seeds removed
- 175g onion (I used a mix of red and brown)
- 270g apples, cored and quartered (I used pink ladies with skin on but any should work)
- 80g ginger
- 15g chilli
- 50g brown sugar
- 150g apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- salt & pepper to preferred taste
- Add everything to the thermo jug and blitz for 8 seconds on speed 6.
- Cook for 45mins, Varoma temp, Speed 1, reverse. Use the basket on top instead of the MC to prevent splatter.
- Pour mixture into sterilised jars and cool before storing in the fridge.