10 November 2014

Homemade Gift Hampers

It's that time of the year again where we start giving little tokens of our grattitude to teachers, work friends and of course friends and family.  Today I gave my first little hamper to Ella's special ed teachers as a thank-you for everything they have done to help Ella over the past 2 years.  I made a few things and even wrote a special poem to go with it.  I didn't manage to get a proper photo of it after I wrapped it in cello before I delivered it, so here is a dodgy looking picture of it on my kitchen bench LOL.














 The hamper included the following:
  • Granola:  I bake a mixture of oats, coconut, mixed seeds, nuts, apricots, honey and cinnamon.
  • Chocolate Fudgy Treats:  This was a fudge that failed, turned into fantail style chocolates! click here for recipe/page  It came out grainy so I recooked it with some water to dissolve the sugar but unfortunately it didn't set so hence they became chocolate coated treats!
  • Herb Saltclick here for recipe/page
  • Cinnamon Bath Saltsclick here for recipe/page
  • Peanut Butter: nothing beats straight, no nasties added peanut butter!
  • Vanilla Extract: pure vodka and thick juicy vanilla beans, left to infuse for a few weeks (or months!)
  • DIY Cookies: click here for recipe/page
I even made little labels for each jar.  I know you might use different size jars, but here is a copy of my page of labels I made if you want to use some of them yourself.  Download here.

Tomorrow we are off to the OT and I have another hamper to give for all her wonderful work.  This pacakge was fun to make. I'm sure her daughters will happily help her with this package!






















Ice Cream hamper includes:
  • Chocolate Sauce: click here for recipe/page
  • Fudge Sauce: I turned half of my failed fudge listed above into this sauce by recooking with some milk!
  • Cones: can't have an ice cream without waffle cones!!!!
  • Sugared Nuts: click here for recipe/page 
  • Chocolate Marshmallows: nothing fancy just from the shop
  • Jelly Beans: these are the nice jelly beans from the shop
Again you can use my simple labels if you like.  Download here.

I have a few more homemade gift ideas yet to finalise but will post more as I do them... 

Have you started your homemade gift giving yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment