19 November 2014

Mega Nut Chocolate Bliss Ball

Hands up who loves bliss balls as much as I do???? Can you ever have too many variations???  I don't think so....  I received my new co-op order this week so I have a nice variety of nuts at the moment and I wanted to make some bliss balls, so I did!  These are sooooo yummy, too yummy not to share!  Perfect for a friend of mine who isn't a huge coconut fan and since most bliss balls have coconut in it, this will be a nice surprise for her (if there are any left).  A little container of these would make a really pretty gift (I use those clear plastic containers from strawberries for gifting bliss balls, they look lovely with a ribbon). 






















Mega Nut Chocolate Bliss Balls

Ingredients:
  • 35g shelled pistachio nuts
  • 50g brazil nuts
  • 50g almonds
  • 50g cashews
  • 50g sesame seeds
  • 50g pepita seeds
  • 200g medjool dates, seeds removed
  • 30g cocoa powder (or 20g cacao powder)
Method:
  1. Blitz pistachio nuts in thermo jug for 4-5 seconds on speed 6. Set aside for later.
  2. Add all nuts and seeds to the jug and blitz for 10 seconds on speed 6.
  3. Add dates and cocoa and mix for 1min on speed 6.
  4. Roll into balls and roll in the pistachio crumbs.
  5. Store in air tight container in the fridge and enjoy!!!!!
Note: by mixing the nuts longer it releases the natural oils and you don't need to add extra oils or nut butters or honey to help bind it together.  I love this about nuts!!!!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment