Chicken & Cashew with rice
Serves 2 - could easily double recipe for more, or add extra veggies to fill it up
- 2 Tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp chinese five spice
- 2 Tbsp plain flour
- Salt & Pepper to season the flour
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 3-4cm cubes
- 2 Tbsp oil of choice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or heaped tsp of minced garlic)
- 1 zucchini, large rounds then cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- Rice of choice
- Set rice to cook before you start as rice normally takes 25mins and this dish only takes 15-17mins so you want to make sure they are both ready at the same time.
- In a small bowl mix the first 4 ingredients together to make the 'sauce' and set it aside.
- In a ziplock bag place the flour, salt, pepper and chicken cubes and mix around to coat the chicken, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frypan on med-hot and add the garlic and chicken and cook for 8-10mins until nice and browned and chicken is mostly cooked.
- Reduce the temperature to medium and add the cashews, zucchini and vinegar and mix around with wooden spoon to coat all pieces and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the 'sauce', stir to coat and then add the 2 Tbsp of water to give some more wetness (if so desired).
- Stir around mixture while cooking for a further 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat and serve immediately with rice.