Today I was gifted a truck load of free fruit, some of which were delicious juicy cherries! I was so excited, never having fresh cherries before. As I sat there pitting them I wasn't sure what I wanted to make but I knew I wanted to try something new. Mix in my new love of quinoa and you have these oh-so-good Cherry Quinoa Bliss Balls that are yummy, healthyish and a low calorie snack? Triple points!!!
Cherry Quinoa Bliss Balls
Makes approx 23 balls at roughly 50 calories each!
- 25g shredded coconut (or desiccated and skip step 1)
- 80g raw cashews
- 100g white quinoa (cooked and cooled)
- 50g coconut flour
- 100g fresh cherries (pitted and squeezed a bit to reduce liquid)
- 40g honey
- If using shredded coconut, blitz in thermo jug on speed 8 for 5 seconds and set aside on a plate for later.
- Place all remaining ingredients into thermo jug (no need to clean after step 1) and blitz on speed 6 for 15-20 seconds.
- Roll into balls and coat in reserved coconut.
I keep mine in freezer as they are soft from the juicy cherries.
Next time I will try using dates instead of honey (for the sweetness) and if you have no cherries, use raspberries or blueberries.
If you don't have a Thermie you would be able to do these easily in a food processor.