Often we get excited too early as she tries something once but won't have it again, but she is in love with my pancakes and has eaten them 3 days in a row! Whoop whoop a new food!!!! So tonight we weren't surprised she asked for pancakes for dinner. She has sat here and eaten about 9 picklette sized pancakes so far and we couldn't be happier!
I made this pancake mix up in jars for christmas gifts as its easy to make a big batch of dry mix and have ready in a jar for when you need to whip some up. No more pancake shaker bottles with nasties in it here!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3 Tbsp rapadura (or sugar of choice)
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl and store in jar ready for use.
How to make mixture:
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- Splash of vanilla
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup of dry pancake mixture
- Up to 1/2 cup water
- Melt the butter in a microwave proof jug and allow to cool slightly.
- Add egg, vanilla and syrup and give a good whisk so egg is really well beaten.
- Add 1 cup pancake mixture and mix together.
- Then gradually add up to 1/2 cup water whisking until desired consistency is achieved.
- Cook as per usual for pancakes.