Spicy Spelt Sticks
- 35g butter
- 150g spelt flour
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp cajun spice mix (to desired spicyness!) *
- 70g water
If you don't already have your block parmesan grated, you will need to do that first, but since I grate mine in one hit at the start of the week I didn't need to.
- Place butter in thermo jug and melt, speed 2, 50 degrees for 2mins (less if your butter is soft).
- Add dry ingredients and give quick mix speed 6, 4 seconds.
- Gradually add water thru top while jug is set to speed 4 and mix to form dough (took me approx 20seconds). You don't want the dough mixture too wet/sticky as you need to work with it. If too wet just add a bit extra flour.
- Roll out as you would crackers, slice into strips and twist.
- Lay them on a baking tray lined with silicone mat or baking paper and sprinkle with extra salt (optional) and bake for approx 15-20mins or until nicely browned and crisp.