27 February 2015

LSA Choc Chip Biscuits paleo friendly

Before I went away last week I made sure there was plenty of foods for hubby to eat that were Paleo so he wouldn't fall off the wagon and I know how he likes his sweet treats so I quickly threw together these biscuits (which he dubbed horse feed biccies) Regardless of this strange name he loved them so I whipped up more today. I however am naming them LSA Choc Chip Cookies, sounds a bit nicer LOL.

Super easy to make and paleo friendly!






















LSA Choc Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup LSA
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 2 Tbsp choc chips (70% dark unsweetened) or cacao nibs
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
Method:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. Roll into a log using cling wrap then place into freezer for up to half an hour to firm up a bit.
  3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with a silicone mat or baking paper.
  4. Slice log into rounds and lay flat on baking tray.
  5. Bake for approx 10-15mins and allow to cool completely before removing from tray.
** UPDATE ** Recently I have been just squeezing mixture together well and rolling into balls then freezing for a bit before I flatten them down gently then bake. Chilling will help them hold shape.

I got 10 biscuits out of this mixture.

ENJOY! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment