15 February 2015

Paleo Whoopie Cookie for 1

We are currently on day 3 of our new paleo journey and I am feeling amazing. So far so good and I am not missing much, hubby on the other hand is still coming to grips without dairy milk in his morning coffee. I'm sure he will survive LOL.

So far I've made a few paleo baked items I have found online (I'm sure I've said it before, but I love pinterest!) some with success and some without (edible but not quite what they should look like) but today I decided to wing it and make something myself and it worked out! This came about because I was sick of seeing the lone egg yolk sitting in my fridge that needed using up (I hate wastage so I was determined to use it!). Enter the Paleo Whoopie Cookie for 1.






















Paleo Whoopie Cookie for 1

Ingredients:
  • 2 Tbsp tahini
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of baking soda
  • Almond butter for centre filling (or any nut butter)
Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
  2. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
  3. Place the mixture on the tray in 2 even size round scoops and flatten slightly.
  4. Bake for approx 8mins.
  5. Allow to cool before sandwiching together with almond butter (or filling of choice).
Another centre filling option would be frozen banana ice cream or whipped coconut cream!

ENJOY! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment