So far I've made a few paleo baked items I have found online (I'm sure I've said it before, but I love pinterest!) some with success and some without (edible but not quite what they should look like) but today I decided to wing it and make something myself and it worked out! This came about because I was sick of seeing the lone egg yolk sitting in my fridge that needed using up (I hate wastage so I was determined to use it!). Enter the Paleo Whoopie Cookie for 1.
Paleo Whoopie Cookie for 1
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- Almond butter for centre filling (or any nut butter)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
- Place the mixture on the tray in 2 even size round scoops and flatten slightly.
- Bake for approx 8mins.
- Allow to cool before sandwiching together with almond butter (or filling of choice).