17 May 2015

Sugar Free Banana Coconut Date Cake

I am always trying out new banana type breads/cakes etc, I believe you can never have too many good recipes up your sleeve.  Anyway I came across one on pinterest and I loved the idea of the flavour combination and the added bonus of it being refined sugar free.  So I converted it for thermie and thought I'd share it here.  I didn't make a frosting for mine, to me its perfect without it.  The original recipe is from Raised From Scratch.






















Banana Coconut & Date Cake

I made these in 3 mini loaf tins so they were nicely cooked all way thru with no dense soggy uncooked parts like some large banana cakes get.


Ingredients
  • 20g buckwheat groats
  • 95g rolled oats
  • 35g almond meal
  • 45g shredded coconut
  • 45g dates (pitted or dried)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 200g banana
  • 60g coconut oil
  • 70g honey

Method:

  1. Blitz buckwheat on speed 9 for 10 seconds.
  2. Add oats and blitz speed 9 for 20 seconds.
  3. Add almond meal, coconut shreds, dates and turbo 2-3 times.
  4. Add remaining ingredients and mix speed 6 for 10 seconds.
  5. Scrape down and repeat.
  6. Bake for approx 15-20mins or until a skewer comes out clean and browned on top (depending on size you make). Muffin size would also work well. 

Notes:
This freezers really well. Good for lunchboxes!
You could you almonds (blanched would be best) and make own almond meal, just add them in with the buckwheat at start. 

ENJOY! :-)

1 comment:

  1. wasn't sure on the oven temp... so I baked it for 18 minutes at 350 F. They weren't done yet, so I baked them an additional 5 and they came out right. I also used a chia seed egg replacement. Thanks for the recipe, and thanks for using weight - it makes gf baking so much more precise!

    ReplyDelete